Contact us HERE to inquire about or volunteer yourself or your group for any job listed in the volunteer opportunities below. You can also volunteer for projects not listed but most require approval before volunteers can start on them. Some jobs may also require Diocese Risk Management approval. All jobs have to meet Diocese Risk Management general guidelines. To volunteer, click on the link, tell us who you are and the names of any persons who will be assisting you, which project you are volunteering for, details on how you plan to do it, and when you can start the project, You will be contacted to work out any details and you will be authorized to proceed upon approval.
Missing numbers in the list indicate jobs that have been completed by volunteers. Thank you for volunteering!
1. Our stall panels in the men's and women's restrooms upstairs and downstairs need to be sanded, reprimed, and repainted. The Parish will provide or reimburse you for all materials needed. Click above and let us know if you or your group can do this. (Claimed by Knights of Columbus on 7/28. Scheduling pending. Thank you, Knights).
3. The shrubbery on both sides of the outside back stairs is severely overgrown and needs to be trimmed. Trimmings can be thrown over the nearby bank to mulch. Click above and let us know if you or your group can do this.
5. The side decks and wooden picnic tables need to be recleaned, refinished, and resealed. The Parish will provide needed cleaning, stain, and finish products. We may also provide other tools and materials upon approval of your request for same. Click above and let us know if you or your group can do this. (Claimed and scheduled by Knights of Columbus on 7/28. Thank you, Knights).
6. Trees and limbs on the right side of Pilgrim's Way, as you come up the hill need to be trimmed back. Limbs and trimmings can be left on the curb for pickup by our Landscape Contractor. Click above and let us know if you or your group can do this.
8. A window needs to be placed in the closet storage area door in Pat Jones Hall to meet Diocese requirements. The Parish has the window ready to install. Click above to let us know if you or your group can do this.
9. A number of kneelers in the Sanctuary need minor repairs. They range from regluing or replacing pegs to repairing or replacing legs. If you have woodworking and finishing skills, we can assist with instructions, suggestions, and materials. Click above to let us know if you or your groujp can do this.
10. We need volunteer drivers for our bus. A Commercial Driver's License (Class C) with a Passenger Endorsement is required. You must be at least 18 years old and have a current driver's license to obtain your CDL. The Parish will train qualified individuals and help with licensing and qualification. Drivers will be needed to take groups of all ages on occasional out of town and in town trips. Drivers will be needed for Sunday Mass and Saturday Vigil Mass, as well as Wednesday evening Adoration, Rosary, and Reconciliation. If you believe that you currently qualify, or you are interested in becoming qualified to participate in this ministry as a bus driver, please contact Ed Herring at 828-263-2768 or email HERE.
12. Various sign poles and posts on the St. Elizabeth Parish property have been bumped or pushed and tilted over. We need volunteer(s) to dig around them and straighten them back up. Click above to let us know if you or your group is willing to do this.
14. There is a portable coat rack in th attic storage over the sacristy. It's removal has been requested. And if you want to remove it, you can have it. Sounds like it might be just the thing for a student moving into town. Click above to get details if you're interested. Or if you're just willing to remove it, click above.
16. Lighting in the upstairs hallways needs attention. Fluorescent tubes and ballasts need to be checked and replaced. Click above to let us know if you or your groujp can do this.